Tuesday, January 5, 2010

So, I'm starting a blog . . . not sure if anyone is interested, but it might be a fun way to spill out my whimsical thoughts. I'm not planning on any sort of specific blog. Instead, I think I'll just write about my day/week or whatever is on my mind. Some days it might be a deep thought and other days it might be the most random thing you've ever heard, but in a nutshell, that's ME! I'm genuine and flighty at the same time.

For a bit of background, I'm a mother of two children (11yrs and 11mths) and one step-daughter (17). I've been remarried since June 2007. I'm a new stay-at-home mom, since my son was born. That was a tough decision for me, but in the end, it's enabled me to go back to school to pursue my long term goal of becoming a nurse. I'm lucky to have a supportive husband who believes in this goal and encourages and supports me to reach it!

Anyways....enough...blah...blah...blah....because I'm assuming most of you already know the details of my life and if you don't...then you can just ask.

Today I think I'll make a list of things that I'm looking forward to over the next couple of months (January thru February)

1. My son will turn 1 on January 26! Wow. Time flew. We're planning a Yo Gabba Gabba Birthday at my house for a few family and friends to come celebrate his big day!

2. The release of the movie, "The Lovely Bones". I'm currently reading the book and I'm interested to see how the movie relates. Of course, I've already heard that the book is SOOOOO much better (as is most of the time the case).

3. I'm anxious for classes to begin again. I would love to say I've enjoyed the break, but unfortunately health issues have eaten up all my down time....so, I'm ready for routine again.

4. I'm ready to put the Christmas stuff UP! I love the decor, but when it's over . . . it's OVER!

5. My daughter will turn 12 on February 26th! We'll celebrate her birthday at the new Ren Faire outside of Austin. It's the first year and opening weekend, so we're excited to "get in on ground level and watch it either succeed or fail" (hubby's words).
http://www.sherwoodforestfaire.com/index.htm

6. Date night with hubby. Our new years resolution (well one of them) was to go on a date each month, EVERY month! If money is tight, it's a cheap date...McDonalds or something....but we HAVE to go on a date every month! I think it's important to get alone time with your spouse and sometimes life gets so busy, that is something that gets pushed on the back burner.

7. I believe my son will be walking in the next couple of weeks/month. He already takes a few steps before lunging forward toward me. The other night, he took FIVE steps to his Dad. So, anytime now! When we're all feeling better, we're headed to Brown's shoe store for his first pair of shoes! He has Fred Flintstone feet, so far none of the shoes he got for Christmas fit him!

8. I'm planning on getting a Henna tattoo at the Austin Ren Faire. oh yeah.

9. I'm learning how to make soap.

10. .......hmmmmm...why does my list need a #10......it's ok to end with #9. haha


Well, that's it for now. I'll be back soon with an interesting story/topic or just random quirkiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment