Sunday, January 10, 2010

Happy Plate!


Like I mentioned before, my blog will sometimes be pretty random. Along the way, I will share my love for cooking and new things I try. Since I married in 2007, I've become quite a good cook. If you need proof . . see pics of my hubby's tummy. . . lol! I LOVE trying new recipes. Over the past couple of years, I've inherited and bought several good cookbooks, but the best thing I've come across is this site. I have found some of the BEST recipes here! My favorite thing to do is to find a recipe and read the reviews, to know how to "tweak" it. It also has a search feature where you can search and narrow down recipes for what you have ingredients for. That feature has come in handy and time or two, when I didn't feel like making a trip to the store, but was at a loss of what to make for dinner. I also get ideas on creating my own recipes.


Tonight I tried a new marinade on some pork chops. It was delicious! I did make twice the amount of marinade and marinaded the pork chops all day. Then I added minced onions and garlic salt, cooked covered with foil at 350 for 30 minutes. Meanwhile, I made a second batch of the marinade (doubled). After it cooked thirty minutes, I took them out, drained the juice, and basted with the new batch of marinade, cooked covered again for another 20 minutes. Then removed foil and broiled for about 5 minutes to help "attach" the marinade. It was WONDERFUL! I wish we had extra for leftovers, but the family ate it all up! Overall, I think this is a wonderful marinade for future uses as well....I'm thinking chicken next time! YUM!


No comments:

Post a Comment