Monday, January 18, 2010

The Ramblings of a Tired Woman

I felt like I should "check in" and write a little bit....although, I have not much to say.

Tonight, I made Chicken Fried Steak for the first time. It is very labor intensive. It turned out ok. Joy and Mike liked it, alot! But, you know...you're always your own worst critic. I see lots of room for improvement.....but somehow, I feel like I've earned a star or something for trying something out of the box for me and succeeding at such a feat. I remember when my idea of cooking was Hamburger Helper (which I know REFUSE to eat!)...or sausage, green beans and new potatoes (which is STILL a favorite of Joy's!!!). So, somehow Chicken Fried Steak, is a whole other level! Yea me!

I start back to school tomorrow. I'm taking Medical Terminology and Anatomy. I REALLY need to make good grades this semester to keep pumping up my GPA. I need it to be as high as I can get it, for when I apply for nursing school. After this semester, the only class I lack for nursing pre-reqs is Microbiology. I'm getting CLOSER!!

Nicholas is so super cute. Tonight, Joy and I were trying to coach him to walk and instead, he would rather dance! So, he just stands there and moves back and forth and up and down and dances! It's hilarious! He LOVES music. He ALWAYS has! Maybe it was the music we played in his room when we brought him home as an infant? Classical. He loves it!

This was a GREAT weekend. Real quality time with my kids and hubby. It was a good way to end my Holiday break (from school), especially since it didn't start out very good with medical stuff consuming my entire month of December.

I'm excited about this week, because I'm going to go shopping and finish up purchases for N's 1st b-day party and get his present.

Well, enough rambling . . . I'm sleepy . . .*yawn*

Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment