Saturday, January 9, 2010

Rub-A-Dub-Dub


I told Santa Claus one of my goals for 2010 was to learn how to make soap. Fortunately for me, my Mother-in-law has a direct line to Santa....check out my loot! I'm SO excited about this new hobby! I've made a little list of things I need to get, which are mainly supplies from the dollar store. Kitchen type supplies that can JUST be used for soap making.

This was in my new book "Soaps" by Elaine Stavert:

Why we love soaps

Splashing with water, creating a lather
A natural soap; I know I would rather!
By making my own for family and friends,
A luxurious time I know they will spend.

With recipes fashioned to soften and soothe,
And exotic aromas, inspiring the mood
For an evening relaxing, an ideal aim
After working all day or a tennis game.

Present all your loved ones with gorgeous soap
And encourage the children to bathe (you hope!)
So that house in the bath may now be spent
With sumptuous bars in your favorite scent.

Use an artistic palette of imagination
To mould and to shape a unique creation
In the shades of a rainbow or kaleidoscope
You too will find out why we love making soap!


I'm also looking forward to including my fresh herbs in my soaps. Plus, we're going to a new Ren Fest Faire in February, where I can stock up on essential oils at a good price! Overall, I think this will be a fun and affordable hobby. I'll keep everyone posted when I begin and a look at some of my finished products!


No comments:

Post a Comment