Wednesday, January 13, 2010

A Day to Celebrate Love...aww or ugh?

After chatting with my friend, Britta, today and reading a few pages of my Feb. issue of Rachel Ray, I'm reminded....Valentines Day is coming. The day that men LOVE to show off when courting you, but as soon as you have the ring....the complaining begins. "Valentines is so commercialized......I thought you said you didn't like getting flowers.....I didn't think you would want chocolates, since your dieting......The restaurants are too crowded.....this holiday is just for women...blah, blah, blah." Come on, ladies...we've heard them all.

Well, 2009 opened my eyes alot on the important things in life. Kinda HAD to be creative with a tighter budget, one income and baby expenses. I can't remember what we did last Valentines Day. I know we didn't go out. Nicholas would have been less than a month old. I probably just asked for an hour of sleep.....haha.

Anyways, Rachel Ray has quite a few good tips in her magazine and I've been inspired. Yummy homemade dinners, love letters, love songs, etc. I think we will celebrate Valentines on a MORE CREATIVE NOTE this year....love letters, hand made cards, or favors for each other. After all, cards eventually get tossed away, flowers die, chocolates just add the pounds. I'm inspired to do something different this year. So, I think I'll challenge the hubby with a very low budget for each of us (just in case we need construction paper...hehe) and see who can be the most creative.

Sounds good to me! Guess all I need to do know is let the hubby know the game plan and start thinking about what I'll make/do/give hubby for the upcoming day of LOVE!

2 comments:

  1. Dude, I told Mark we're going out the night BEFORE so he can't complain about the crowds. And it will also be easier to find someone to watch Allison. Last year sucked, and I at least want to go out to eat somewhere nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good idea! We decided hubby is making the meal, I'm making the dessert. And we are "making" each other's gifts. The budget is $10 each. Should be interesting! I'm excited.

    ReplyDelete