Thursday, July 15, 2010

His Words are My Words

"Women are made to be loved, not understood." ~Oscar Wilde

If you personally know me, then you know I love quotes. There is something reassuring when I read the words of others, and can see the meaning in my own life. I have a notebook where I write my favorites, and when I go back through it, I can remember the reason I wrote certain ones down. It's like a trip down memory lane. Much like thumbing through a photo album, but of words of the heart. I've always believed there is such power in words, sometimes more powerful than anything physical. Words are the mental effects of our lives. You cannot take them back, once said. Even after asking forgiveness from a regretted statement, the other person is likely not to forget. Words mark our hearts. They can make us feel adored or tear us down. Be careful with your words. Your thoughts are the only thing that are private, but once verbalized, it is out there for the world to hear.

No comments:

Post a Comment